I love fashion, I don’t think that is any secret, however when it comes to dressing for winter practicality tends to take precedence.
Below I have detailed some of my essentials when it comes to winter dressing. Whether you have lived in a colder climate for most of your life, or are experiencing your first season of snow I hope you find a little inspiration on how to stay warm and safe for the next few months.
- Aritzia Super World Super Puff – This coat is not the most figure flattering, but it is one of the warmest. After much deliberation I went ahead and splurged on this very expensive coat last year and I can truthfully say it is one of the best investments I have made in regards to my wardrobe.
- Aritzia Babaton Fold-Over LiteLuxe Cashmere Beanie – Hats are a must for keeping your head and ears warm. Aritzia has some of my favorite beanie’s (or should I say toques for all of my fellow Canadians) and they come in a variety of materials, colors, and shapes. This cashmere one is such a beautiful color and would pair perfectly with the Taupe Super Puff.
- Aritzia Babaton Rib Luxe Cashmere Mittens – I never leave the house without a pair of mittens in the winter (okay maybe not never, but when I don’t bring them I truly regret it). Personally I find mittens keep my hands warmer than gloves, but you can always opt for gloves if you like that style better.
- Aritzia TNA Freddie Bigfoot Polar Sweater – Polar fleece sweaters are another essential to my winter wardrobe. They make the perfect light layering piece under a parka or puffer coat but are not too warm that you cannot wear them inside.
- Women’s Timberland Authentics Waterproof Roll-Top Boots – A good pair of winter boots rounds out my list of cold weather wardrobe essentials. There are many brands and styles to choose from but this pair of Timberland are my top choice. I bought them back in high school (eight years ago now) and they are still going strong. The only “negative” thing I have to say against them is that they aren’t the warmest, so make sure to wear a pair of high quality socks (Eddie Bauer sells my favorite and you can shop for them here).
So there you have it – five essentials for your winter wardrobe. I hope you found this post helpful and please let me know if you have any cold weather wardrobe recommendations.
One thought on “The (Practical) Winter Edit”
Perfect collection to tackle the cold winter days with style. Love all of pieces you chose.